Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

McCormick Firecracker Wings


Every time I go to the store, I find that I have to buy a new spice or seasoning. Sometimes I buy a popular spice and sometimes I buy a more bizarre blend. The one that caught my eye this time was McCormick's Hot Shot! Black & Red Pepper Blend. It is a combination of ground black and red pepper with sunflower oil. On the back of the spice container, there is a recipe for Firecracker Wings. I felt as though these wings were going to pack a bit of a punch, as this seasoning brings the heat already. I must say, after making these wings, they weren't as hot as I would have expected them to be. I prefer some of these hotter foods to be biting the back of my taste buds and starting my mouth on fire. I don't know why these wings weren't as hot as they were perceived to be, but they were delicious nonetheless. I will definitely make these again, but maybe with a greater amount of Hot Shot! seasoning. The recipe and ingredients are as follows:

Firecracker Wings Recipe

Mix 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, 1 to 2 teaspoons of Hot Shot! seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of Garlic Salt in a large, resealable bag. Mix well.

Add 2 pounds moistened chicken wing pieces, several at a time; toss to coat well.

Arrange on a single layer foil-lined baking pan.

Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Enjoy!


Price: ~$11.00
Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment